Truck tonneau covers are both functional and appearance enhancing truck accessories. They allow you to protect the items in your truck bed, as well as the liner in the bed itself. They safeguard your truck bed from weather elements such as snow, heavy rain, sleet and more. Lastly, Tonneau covers provide covered space to store materials and equipment in the bed of your truck – providing additional cargo space. Tonneau cover maintenance is key to keeping your cover in great condition.
- Discover the pros and cons of a truck cover today >
- Learn about the reasons to get a tonneau cover >
- Explore tonneau cover types here >
- Check out our photo gallery of trucks, many with tonneau covers >
If you’re already convinced that a tonneau cover is right for your truck, it’s important to properly maintain it. Tonneau cover maintenance can be overwhelming if you’re not sure where to start. Maintenance may vary depending on your type of cover, the material it’s made of and many other factors. To help you get started, we’ve gathered the best video tutorials, overviews how-to’s in a variety of topics related to tonneau covers.
How to Clean Your Tonneau Cover
How to Protect and Restore Your Tonneau Cover
Tonneau Cover Installation Videos
General Tonneau Cover Maintenance Tips and Advice
Once you’ve decided a tonneau cover is the perfect accessory for your truck, it’s important to maintain it properly. Tonneau cover maintenance is very important. Tonneau covers can be expensive, so you’ll want to take care of it to ensure it lasts as long as possible. Maintaining your tonneau cover will depend on the type of tonneau cover you select and the material it is made out of. To get started, explore these 5 tips to keep your tonneau truck cover well maintained, year-round:
- Regularly check your tonneau cover for debris.
- Is your hardware fastened tightly?
- Understand the proper way to wash your tonneau cover.
- Avoid leaving heavy gear on your cover
- Know your cleaning chemicals!